Wednesday, September 3, 2014

8/28/14

I hung out with Mike and Satchmo for a few before saying goodbye, and heading out. I rode back up to Niagara Falls and rode across the Rainbow Bridge to Canada. A van two cars ahead of me in line at the border did something weird, and just took off, so the gaurd ran after him yelling. A whole bunch of them ran out and stopped the guy. Whatever the issue was...... the guard was not happy when I go to him. I tried to be nice, he didn't care. I took my gloves off to grab my passport out of my pocket. The second I took my gloves off, he started asking about my hand and finger tattoos. What the say, what they are, and why. I tried being funny... he didn't like that. So off to inspection parking spot 1 I was sent. There was another cop waiting for me. He told me to take my helmet off and go sit inside, while he took my passport and went into a different room. After a couple minutes he told me to go back to my bike. I had to empty my pockets, and stand behind a barricade while him and another cop tore thru my bags and everything on my bike. They couldnt seem to grasp that I was just traveling and camping, and not some criminal biker haha. After all they found was camping gear, some clothes, and oatmeal and Pop Tarts, they said I could pack my stuff back up... Thanks. I still didn't know if that meant I could leave. I packed up and put my jacket on. As I was putting on my helmet, the first cop came back out and told me to take my helmet off, and show him the rest of my tattoos. I made a joke about how he was trying to get me naked, since that was the only way he was gonna see all my tattoos. Needless to say he wasn't amused, and told me to just leave.
 I rode about an hour to Hamilton to a guy named Garrets house. He got his bike out, and we rode about 40 miles to a little town called Port Dover, which is right on the north tip of Lake Erie. We had lunch and hungout for a bit. I met him thru Instagram, and funny enough he lived in Agoura and Woodland hills before moving back to Canada.
 I headed out towards Detroit, planning on making it there for the night. I stopped for gas and realized I was exhausted. I had been riding all day everyday for the last 7 days. So I found a motel in Woodstock, Canada and called it a night.


   ^ Stupid white van up there. Thanks for pissing off the cop in my line.


   ^ Riding with Garret to Port Dover.
   ^ Port Dover overlooking Lake Erie.

No comments:

Post a Comment