Wednesday, September 3, 2014

8/29/14

 I passed out around 9:00 pm, and woke up at 7:00am..... which is about 6 hours longer then I normally sleep haha, guess I really was worn out. 
 Feeling much better, I rode the rest of the way out of Canada towards Detroit. The border there was much easier to get through. Gave the cop my passport, answered the same questions he must repeat a million times a day, and I was on my way.
 I stopped for gas just outside downtown Detroit. Man, what a terrible looking city. Almost looks post apocalyptic. Abandoned buildings literally everywhere.
 I rode across Michigan, across a small corner of Indiana, and into Illinois. All the while getting rained on! Got into Chicago around 8pm. Alyson had earlier called her friends Lauren and Kyle in Chicago, and they said I could stay for the night. I met Kyle at his bands practice space and watched them finish band practice before heading to his apartment. We went and grabbed some food, before going back and meeting his wife Lauren. Both very nice, and awesome for putting me up for the night.


   ^ Goodbye Canada, thanks for everything....

   ^ Rest stop Ramen lunch in the rain.
   ^ Finally out of the rain and in Illinois.

   ^ Riding into Chicago.
   ^ Kyle and his band practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment