Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8/24/14

I woke up around 7 and looked outside and Tim's car was gone. This trip is really restoring my faith in humanity haha! I packed up to head farther into Maine. Thanks again Tim from Connecticut.
 I was in no rush so I got off the main highway and cut over to the coast and road the Atlantic Highway 1. It was about 60 miles longer then taking the main highway, but I was in no rush, and the coast was way nicer.
 I got to a town called Bucksport, and saw an awesome bridge up ahead. I pulled over and took some pics, and read a billboard for Fort Knox that was just inside the narrows from the Bridge. I never knew there was a Fort Knox in Maine, and I gues its older then the one in Kentucky. It was hardly used and was never fully armed. It awesome walking thru it. Lots of long dark tunnels, and staircases that went to underground rooms and tunnels.
 One of the towers on the bridge is a 420' observation tower. I took the elevator up, and went to the top. The view was incredible, overlooking the fort one way, and out into the Atlantic the other.
 I got into Acadia National Park, and rode to the south east side of the island to Seal Harbor. I rode the park loop around the east side of the island as the sun was setting, it was amazing. I got a campsite at Blackwoods Campground. I rode up into Bar Harbor to get some Firewood, and hung out for the night. Its been getting pretty cold up here, so a fire is definitely nice!


   ^ Bradbury Mountain State Park.







   ^ 420' up in the bridge tower.






   ^ Fort Knox.

   ^ Seal Harbor, Acadia National Park.
   ^ Eagle Lake, Acadia National Park.
   ^ Firewood delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment