Monday, August 25, 2014

8/22/14

  I woke up around 4 am and sure enough, it was raining pretty hard. I woke up again at 6:30.... still raining, 8:00, still raining haha. I hid out in my tent until about 10:00am when it finally stopped, and the sun started showing.
I packed up and rode to Plymouth. It was really cool walking around there, I went to see Plymouth Rock.... which is just a small rock with '1620' etched in it, and apparently may or may not have been the rock the pilgrims rowed to to walk onto land...... since the Mayflower was anchored about a mile off shore because of the shallow waters. Either way its a significant land mark. There's a lot of cool statues and monuments near there. The history in New England is so cool. It was really awesome to finally see all the places that I've been reading and learning about since I was a kid. I paid, and walked thru the Pilgrims Hall Museum. 100% worth the money, it was amazing. They also had a temporary Civil War exhibit up which was really cool.
 I rode up to Boston, and parked. Apparently I was parked in a loading zone and didn't realize it. I walked across the street and a homeless man sitting on the sidewalk stopped me. He started talking to me about motorcycles, I had about a dollar in change, and gave it to him. As soon as I handed it to him, he noticed the meter maid looking at my bike. I ran over there and told her it was my bike. She told me I was parked illegally, I told her I didn't realize it was a loading zone, and that I would happily move my bike. She asked me where I was from and about my trip. I told her I was going to walk around Boston for a bit, and grab some food, she told me to leave my nike there and that it was fine! Ventura, and Los Angeles Cops take note....... You can be a cop AND be nice to people.
 I had a Philly cheesesteak, and clam chowder in a bread bowl, watched some of the street performers and walked around downtown for a bit.
 I rode up to Danvers, MA to Olive Garden where I met Mike. A guy from Instagram that offered to put me up for the night. When he got off work I followed him to his house and hung out with him and his friend Nick.

   ^ The rain isn't so bad when I'm not riding in it haha.
   ^ Shwame-Crowell State Park. Cape Cod, MA.




   ^ Pilgrim Hall Museum was awesome!
   ^ The Mayflower II. A crew of 33 men, sailed it from Plymouth, England to Plymouth, Massachusets in 1957.
   ^ Massasoit.


   ^ William Bradford.





   ^ Some cool old gravestones in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment